In partnership with ActionAid International, WeDpro is continuing to develop its emergency response and recovery programme in Palo, Leyte and Culasi, Antique to support the recovery and reconstruction following Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda). Through the Padayon sa Paglaum (Hope After Haiyan) Project, WeDpro uses human rights-based and community-driven approaches to work with local partners in delivering the aid and support that is needed. While our work includes basic relief items, such as food and non-food items, we’ll be concentrating on long-term recovery, restoring lives and livelihoods and policy advocacy. We also focus on working with women and girls and the most vulnerable communities – in particular fishing communities, small farmers, sharecroppers, and tenant farmers. Our aim is to also strengthen community participation in the relief process so that local people are able to take leadership, enhancing the overall standard of living in their local areas.
We are currently looking for a committed professional to be part of our team and use their passion and talents to make a positive difference to people affected by this disaster. If you want to make your mark and develop your skills in a challenging role, join us now.
Position: Field coordinator
Dates: April/May to June
- Experience in coordinating a disaster response program is ideal
- Previous experience in coordinating with LGUs and CSOs
- Good writing and communications skills, and ability to write detailed reports of project activities
- Able to travel at short notice to Yolanda-affected communities
- Knowledge of and experience with NGO work.
- Must be fluent in Tagalog at a minimum. Though not necessary, ability to communicate in Waray and/or Kinaray-an would be an asset
Deadline: April 10, 2014. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and address it to Aida Santos. Include at least 2 references.
Salary open for negotiation.
For more information about WeDpro, please visit our website at www.wedprophils.org