You can apply to volunteer for or intern at WeDpro in three easy steps.
Volunteering and interning/OJT’ing: What’s the difference?
Unlike non-student volunteers, student interns/OJTs typically need to fulfill requirements that are set by their school. (For instance, they need to fulfill a minimum number of hours in a month, or need to work in a particular area of activity or research, or require their host organization to give them a grade.) Student intern and OJT applicants should making sure that they complete the extra form indicated in step 3.
Step 1: Pick a volunteer stream
There are currently five volunteer streams at WeDpro:
- Fundraising: Running a non-profit ain’t easy, and it ain’t cheap either! Help keep the organization in the black!
- Developing the volunteer program: Ever heard of the term “bootstrapping”? This is what this is all about! Help us make our volunteer program more sustainable, creative, and enjoyable!
- Organizing and sharing WeDpro’s publications: Over the years, WeDpro has published many important reports, studies, and books, but many of them are trapped on our bookshelves. Hoarding knowledge is so passe. Help us share our publications with the world.
- Increasing WeDpro’s value to the online public. Help WeDpro find the best content on the Web and give back to the citizens of the Net!
- (Re)designing our look and feel: The look and feel of print and digital material communicates a lot about the spirit of the organization. Help us convey the right message to our audience!
Pick one which you’d like to be part of. You can use the list of activity ideas to help you with your decision, but if you have an idea for an activity that’s not on the table, tell us about it when you get in touch with us. Also, it would help if you had skills in any of the knowledge areas that are associated with the volunteer stream.
|Volunteer Streams||Activity Ideas||Knowledge areas|
||Innovation, social entrepreneurship, social innovation, marketing, advertising, public relations, donor relations|
|Developing the volunteer and internship program||
||Organizational development, volunteer management, business management|
|Organizing and sharing our publications||
||Information science, library science, information development, database development, web programming, web development, content management systems development, search engine optimization (SEO)|
|Increasing WeDpro’s value to the online public||
||A love of all things cool on the Internet is the most important thing here!But knowledge and interest in the following areas wouldn’t hurt, either: Women’s studies, gender studies, development studies, social work; social science, psychology, anthropology, sociology; pure sciences, applied science, history and philosophy of science, literature, humanities, philosophy; social media, journalism, mass communication, communication management; social innovation, communication strategy|
|(Re)designing our look and feel||
||Designers of all stripes are welcome, and we’re looking for graphic designers, communication designers, and web designers in particular|
Step 2: Prepare a CV
Step 3: Apply!
Fill in the volunteer application form form to send your application.
For student intern and OJT applicants, fill in this form as well.
And that’s it! As soon as we receive your application, we will get back to you as soon as we can.