Futures Without Violence, a non-profit organization that works to prevent and end violence against women and children around the world, made WeDpro a 16 Days of Activism Honouree in November, 2011. We’re also happy to announce that WeDpro’s partner organizations, Buklod and NAGKA, recently received a $700 award from Futures Without Violence based on donations received from attendees at the National Conference on Health and Domestic Violence held in March, 2012. Buklod and NAGKA were featured at the conference along with other 16 Days of Activism honorees, viewed by over 1000 participants, and the donations were divided among designated honoree organizations. “This is a small token of appreciation for their amazing work at the crossroads of health care and gender-based violence,” writes Leni Marin, Senior Vice President of Futures Without Violence. “Futures Without Violence is very fortunate to be connected with you and your efforts.”
Futures Without Violence publishes materials that address violence against women and health. Here are a few of them.
Information Cards for Women
- Is your relationship affecting your health?
- Did you know your relationship affects your health? (Focused on reproductive health)
- Safe Homes, Safe Babies: (Impact of domestic violence on parenting and children)
Materials for advocates/activists/healthcare and public health professionals
- Addressing Intimate Partner Violence, Reproductive and Sexual Coercion: A Guide for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Reproductive Health Care Settings
- Breaking the Silence: A Training Manual for Activists, Advocates, and Organizers
- Coaching Boys into Men- Strategies that men can use to teach boys that violence against women is wrong